I am by no means an expert on this topic. As a matter of fact, I am simply a beginner. I opened my own store on Etsy.com in January, with a single purse that I hand made, a coctail dress of my own design, and 2 vintage items.
I learned quickly that tags are very important to selling on-line. I have since expanded my store to my entire remaining inventory of purses that I had, and I received a lot more hits on my page. Still no sales though. I'm hoping that my time at home will allow me to create a much larger inventory and be able to fill my store so that it looks like what it is, and not just someone trying to empy out their craft room.
Market Analysis is a biggie, I have learned. NOw, I don't hire a marketing company, or use a very intricate web-based service. I have created some polls on facebook, through my personal page, to guage the type of interest that people have in purses. What style, color, etc. that people are interested in. This is something that is free on Facebook, so I plan to do it often.
I also created a fan-page for my designs. It allows me to keep everything seperated, but still in the same place. So far I have 6 fans! I am trying to get 25, so that I can name my facebook page, and have an easy link to it. When I reach that number I will also offer a discount at my store for all of my facebook fans!
No comments:
Post a Comment